Commissary Kitchen Staff
What job are we baking:
We are looking for a Full-Time Commissary Kitchen Staff to join our commercial kitchen in College Point, Queens! The ideal candidate will be well versed in the culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. Our staff produces 30,000 cookies a week so a candidate who has experience in a high-volume production kitchen is preferred. The job will require bulk scaling recipes, mixing cookie dough on heavy duty machinery, and scooping large quantities of cookies. This role will report to the Executive Pastry Chef. Shifts will be in the morning.
Your bakery duties:
- Prepares high-volume of goods following set recipes
- Quality checks raw goods, prepared goods, and commercial equipment
- Monitors inventory for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, etc. and ensure orders are placed if necessary
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation and adheres to health and safety standards with light dish washing
- Provides scheduling flexibility according to business needs
Your main ingredients:
- Experienced in a high-volume production facility as a Commissary Kitchen Staff or relevant role
- High attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to navigate a commercial kitchen, stockroom, office, and lift up to 50 lbs. several times a day, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Culinary Arts education a plus!
- Food Handlers Certification a plus!
- Opportunity for career growth! Chip City is growing rapidly and opening new stores
- Eligible for medical benefits after three months of employment
- 50% Off all cookies, beverages, and merchandise
- A fully stocked employee kitchen with snacks and beverages